Quantcast

[Zbarw-devel] build zbar with vc12

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Zbarw-devel] build zbar with vc12

klaus triendl
Visual Studio 2013 is out now, and one of its new C features is the
ability to mix declarations with code.
Hence it might be possible to compile zbar/zbarw with VC12.

The great advantage of a native build is clearly that all the mingw
setup, handling and creating the zbar library is replaced by a simple
Visual Studio project.

Any interested out there?

--
klaus triendl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November Webinars for C, C++, Fortran Developers
Accelerate application performance with scalable programming models. Explore
techniques for threading, error checking, porting, and tuning. Get the most
from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60136231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Zbarw-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/zbarw-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Zbarw-devel] build zbar with vc12

jarekczek
Administrator
Hi Klaus

You always have good ideas, however personally I don't expect to be
using it. I don't feel like switching to Microsoft, because I prefer
cross-platform compiling environment. Please preserve ability to compile
the project with mingw.

Recently I am in touch with nvda project. It uses Microsoft interfaces
and they automate their build using scons. This tool's default compiler
is MS. I guess this is a good pair: Microsoft compiler and well
integrated command line build tool.

Best regards,
Jarek

W dniu 11/08/2013 11:34 AM, klaus triendl pisze:

> Visual Studio 2013 is out now, and one of its new C features is the
> ability to mix declarations with code.
> Hence it might be possible to compile zbar/zbarw with VC12.
>
> The great advantage of a native build is clearly that all the mingw
> setup, handling and creating the zbar library is replaced by a simple
> Visual Studio project.
>
> Any interested out there?
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November Webinars for C, C++, Fortran Developers
Accelerate application performance with scalable programming models. Explore
techniques for threading, error checking, porting, and tuning. Get the most
from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60136231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Zbarw-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/zbarw-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Zbarw-devel] build zbar with vc12

klaus triendl
On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:20:10 +0100
Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Klaus
>
> You always have good ideas, however personally I don't expect to be
> using it. I don't feel like switching to Microsoft, because I prefer
> cross-platform compiling environment. Please preserve ability to
> compile the project with mingw.

My intention was not to replace the cross-platform compiling
environment but rather extend the "build system" specifically for VC.

Also I would do it only if there's need for it.


> Recently I am in touch with nvda project. It uses Microsoft
> interfaces and they automate their build using scons. This tool's
> default compiler is MS. I guess this is a good pair: Microsoft
> compiler and well integrated command line build tool.

Surely, scons would be a good choice as build tool.


Regards,
Klaus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November Webinars for C, C++, Fortran Developers
Accelerate application performance with scalable programming models. Explore
techniques for threading, error checking, porting, and tuning. Get the most
from the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60136231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Zbarw-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/zbarw-devel
Loading...