Quantcast

[Zbarw-devel] initial resolution handling, naming of variables/types

[Zbarw-devel] initial resolution handling, naming of variables/types

klaus triendl
hi jarek,

that's great that you've taken care about handling the initial
resolution! I thought about that initially, but there wasn't
any urgent need and no time.
so I'm happy to see this feature living!

now, the only thing that I would change is the naming of some
types/variables. I don't see any advantage in shortening the word
'resolution'.

so, I personally would find it much more readable and clearer when
'def_res' would be named 'default_resolution', 'resol_t'
'resolution_t' (and other forms containing 'resol'), 'ind_best'
'idx_best'. also 'struct_null' really should be 'is_struct_null'.

I guess that you have a different opinion about this matter but I'm
sure that we find again a common denominator :)

greetings,
klaus

Re: [Zbarw-devel] initial resolution handling, naming of variables/types

jarekczek
Administrator
Hi Klaus

Thanks for your review. idx_start and is_ are definitely good changes.
The rest is a matter of taste, but I accept your leading role in the
project and adjusted it to your taste.

W dniu 08/10/2012 08:53 PM, klaus triendl pisze:
> now, the only thing that I would change is the naming of some
> types/variables. I don't see any advantage in shortening the word
> 'resolution'.

After changing resol to resolutions I had to break several lines. That's
the advantage of a shortcut, lines don't need to be broken which
decreases readability. But in this case it wasn't problematic.

Regards
Jarek