Quantcast

[Zbarw-devel] lengthy comments

jarekczek
Administrator
I watch proc_video_thread in processor.c. I read the comment starting
with "two reasons for img==NULL". It's very good explanation and
definitely helps to understand the code. On the other hand without the
comment whole loop is visible in a single screen. This also helps when
one analyzes the code.

Is it possible to join the benefits of having a comment and not? I have
an idea of numbered annotations. At the and of the file there could be
descriptive comments and in affected places only short references, like
"two reasons for img==NULL, see remark 2".

There are also possibilities of text folding. In jEdit we mark it with
{{{ and }}}, but this would be editor oriented solution.

Not that I feel the need to clean it, just an idea.

Jarek