Quantcast

[Zbarw-devel] nabble archive

jarekczek
Administrator
I started the archive of this mailing list at nabble.com:
http://zbar-for-windows.29999.n6.nabble.com/

This allows for convenient searching, browsing and linking, because
nabble includes message subject in the link. Even if an archive link
does not work in the future, it should be easy to find the thread
knowing its subject.

I try to upload the posts done before I joined nabble, but my support
request awaits a reply.

Anyway it's good to include a link to a discussion in a commit message.
For latest w2k commit the link could look like this:
http://zbar-for-windows.29999.n6.nabble.com/Re-Zbarw-devel-w2k-compatibility-tp2.html
For the comparison this the link to sf:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29359696
Such a link would also be good, but provided that the title is given
next to it.

BTW, seems like numbering of mercurial commits like r391 is not
something we may use for permanent referencing. Hashcodes should
accompany them.

Jarek

Re: [Zbarw-devel] nabble archive

klaus triendl
Am Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:29:40 +0200
schrieb Jarek Czekalski <[hidden email]>:

> http://zbar-for-windows.29999.n6.nabble.com/
>
> This allows for convenient searching, browsing and linking, because
> nabble includes message subject in the link. Even if an archive link
> does not work in the future, it should be easy to find the thread
> knowing its subject.

Yeah, that's great in regard of our almost 90 postings so far...

> Anyway it's good to include a link to a discussion in a commit
> message. For latest w2k commit the link could look like this:
> http://zbar-for-windows.29999.n6.nabble.com/Re-Zbarw-devel-w2k-compatibility-tp2.html
> For the comparison this the link to sf:
> https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29359696
> Such a link would also be good, but provided that the title is given
> next to it.

Now, which one do you prefer? Both?

> BTW, seems like numbering of mercurial commits like r391 is not
> something we may use for permanent referencing. Hashcodes should
> accompany them.

I see. 'Accompanying' means we can use both? I'm orienting myself
with revisions within the hg workbench.

Klaus

W dniu 2012-06-11 18:18, klaus triendl pisze:

> Now, which one do you prefer? Both?
I use nabble links from Options / Permalink.

>> BTW, seems like numbering of mercurial commits like r391 is not
>> something we may use for permanent referencing. Hashcodes should
>> accompany them.
> I see. 'Accompanying' means we can use both? I'm orienting myself
> with revisions within the hg workbench.
But when you browse our repository online, there the numbers are
missing. Spadix also told me once not to use these short numbers,
despite they are so handy.
When you want the reference to be permanent use the hashcode. For short
time convenience use r number. Using them both seems to be the best
official option.

If we ever join zbar, these r numbers alone would be misleading.

Jarek